Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Less is more.

Many people think that eating healthy means giving up delicious food. And most people believe that in losing weight, eating less is key. Well, that could be true, eating less. But the question is what are you eating less? Less carbo? Less fat? The thing is, if you eat lesser nutrients than what you need for a day, then your body is not properly nourished. What I am saying is yes you will have to eat lesser but probably more on other nutrients like potassium, iron, etc. It is all about balance and moderation. So you are not eating less but you are eating just enough and not more than what your body need. So you get more good nutrients and less on what we usually over-eat, like calories, carbohydrates, sodium and fat.

You've probably guessed by now that i am one person who is trying to lose weight and eat healthier. What I am doing right now is monitoring my nutrient intake. Writing down the food I ate in a food journal and using a phone app called MyFitnessPal to monitor my calorie intake. It is really cool coz I'd be eating at a restaurant or at a friend's house and still be able to monitor my calorie intake.There are probably tons of ways to do this but the bottom line is, are you willing? It is not the diet program or diet pills or coffees, or apps on the phone that does the job. It is your will to do it.

On my next postings, I will share recipes that I've tried and made myself and are healthy but delicious at the same time. Some of you may have heard of them or might not but I do hope I get people to benefit from it. See yah around! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment